Please contact Cooling Towers WA to learn more about the comprehensive range of dry cooling options:
- Air Cooled Condensers
- Hexacool® Air Cooled Condenser
- ModuleAir™ Air Cooled Condenser
- Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers
- Indirect Dry Cooling
We offer models specifically suited to Oil & Gas applications and also Chemical Processing.
Air Cooled Condensers
Air-cooled condensers reject heat absorbed by the cooling system directly in the open air. When you compare air cooled condensers with water-cooled condenser, air cooling system requires greater difference in temperature between the coolant and the middle where it is cooled.
Although this makes air cooled condensers a lot less energy efficient, their simple design mens low purchase and maintenance expense. These are probably the main reason why the vast majority of residential air conditioning (up to 5 tons) and commercial air conditioning equipment (up to 50 tons) actually use air-cooled condensers.
Modern design of some air cooled condensers allows zero-clearance of installation and use more compact heat exchanger of the condenser. This design benefit makes the coils more prone to dust, dirt and pet hair from the floor.
O avoid excessive high discharge pressure and temperature it’s required to do a periodic condenser cleaning with a vacuum cleaner.
If the cleaning is not done regularly it may cause compressor failure in these products.
Hexacool® Air Cooled Condenser
Hexacool® is an air cooled condenser (ACC) are well suited for use in waste to energy, biomass and small size electrical power plants and industrial co-generation.
Hexacool® ACC are offering a standard modular system that would be low in cost, easy to erect and robust in performance.
Some benefits of the Hexacool® Air Cooled Condenser are:
- A cost-effective solution for a high quality product.
- Compact simplified design with greater degree of prefabrication in workshop.
- Loads on foundations are reduced.
- Low profile design – Total height is lower than an A-Frame design
- Easier integration in urban environment.
- Easy to build in the field.
- Improved performance during windy conditions.
- Induced draft concept reduces risk of hot air recirculation for higher efficiency in all operating conditions
- Unit designed for cleaning and maintenance
- This innovative environmentally friendly design is a trend setter in the industry
ModuleAir™ Air Cooled Condenser
The innovative modular design of the ModuleAir ACC provides factory-assembled structural components that includes duct and heat exchanger bundles to shorten construction duration and reduce construction costs.
ModuleAir™ Air Cooled Condenser benefits lies in its advanced condenser design, improved performance during low ambient conditions and enhanced annual average power plant output. The lower height and smaller footprint of the ModuleAir ACC also reduce visual impact at the site.
Benefits of ModuleAir™ Air Cooled Condenser are:
- Construction saving up to 25% when compared to a standard A-frame design.
- Factory assembled coil bundles including steam manifold and condensate headers.
- Integrated steam header and condensate manifold eliminates field tube sheet welding.
- Safer construction time.
- Low profile design – total height is lower than conventional A-Frame design.
- Easy to build in the field.
- Reduced steam velocity and reduced steam side pressure within the heat exchangers.
Air-Cooled Heat Exchangers
Air Cooled Heat Exchangers (ACHE) are a family of custom designed heavy duty fin tube heat exchangers.
Air Cooled Heat Exchangers allow the direct cooling by air and are used for many Industrial Applications, such as Power, Chemical, Oil & Gas, ORC Plant, Steel Industry and many other Applications.
- From H Frame Forced draft to V Frame Induced draft flexible configurations to meet specific application demands.
- Providing all the required elements and auxiliaries for a complete closed circuit cooling application.
- Through our own extensive in house manufacturing capability, we ensure a homogeneous quality control and supply process.
- Meeting specific application and client requirements, we offer a wide range of Finned tube materials & Header configurations.
- Extensive know-how in process cooling coupled with advanced and innovative R&D guarantees, Thermal Performance & Longevity.
Indirect Dry Cooling
Indirect Dry Cooling (IDCT) systems have been used for over 50 years for various applications in the power industry. Active for more than three decades in the indirect dry cooling market, SPX Dry Cooling has supplied the largest indirect system presently in operation in the world.
The IDCT is a dry cooling system whose major benefits are:
- Elimination of additional water usage from the condensing power cycle.
- Flexibility in power plant site selection.
- No visible plume.
- Steam flowing from the turbine is condensed by cold cooling water in either a surface condenser or in a jet condenser.